Here are highlights of the cuts Bachmann is proposing:
* Agriculture: Bachmann suggests replacing farm subsidies with farmer savings accounts as one of a series of agriculture cuts to slash $20 billion.
So much for the kick backs she too has been getting from farm subsidies
* Education: Bachmann proposes two routes for education cuts, one abolishing the Department of Education (cuts $31 billion), the other scaling it back and ending Race to the Top (cuts $29 billion). Both plans return Pell Grant funding to 2009 levels.
I'll never understand this family values thing and in that context cutting education, we are talking about the future of our children
* Transportation: Bachmann suggests devolving the federal highway program and privatizing TSA, the FAA and Amtrak. In all, Bachmann proposes $60.7 billion in transportation cuts. This could implicate the Central Corridor.
Why do they insist on privatization? It can only lead to a foreign interest involved in the internals of OUR country
* Health Care: Bachmann wants to repeal Obamacare (which has an "unknown" amount attached). She also seeks to eliminate the Maternal and Child Health block grant and Title X family planning, along with defunding planned parenthood and federal grants to abortion facilities.
There something missing in this list of cuts, I'll get to it
* Arctic: Opening the Arctic National Wildlife Refugee (ANWR), for leasing, i.e. oil exploration, would cut $1.7 billion.
Other than getting people killed in the process, how much can they really expect to get, and is it worth it? And again for a budget cut to work in this area it has to be privatized
* Stimulus: A popular idea among conservatives, Bachmann says returning unspent stimulus spending would save $60 billion.
* Repeal, baby, repeal: In addition to repealing "Obamacare," Bachmann proposes repealing the Dodd-Frank Act (Wall St. reform), the Food Safety & Modernization Act, and the Davis-Bacon Act.
Sometimes you have to wonder who's side she is on. Now for the biggest budget this country has and out spends every country, and that is the bloated military budget. I think there many cuts that can be made there.
She is such a corporate shill anyway, that if there is any way that she can halp them, be they insurance companies, loan institutions what have you she will.